Monday 13 June 2011

Inspiration Award!

WOW! We (I and Eddie and Cassie, who by rights deserve some credit, too) are honoured to have been chosen for the Inspiration award by Hawk aka the Brown Dog. We were so pleased to hear his words of praise for What Dogs Do (click here to see what he said). Hawk writes a pretty darn good blog himself, writing about his experiences of play and training with his humans.

We’re all inspired by our fellow bloggers, so as part of the award we pass it on to ten blogs that have inspired What Dogs Do. It wasn’t an easy choice, there are so many good blogs out there. But nevertheless, below, in no particular order, are ten blogs that have inspired me. Click on their names to see them.


If you are here to pick up your award, there are a few simple rules that go with accepting this award.

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded this to you.

2. Link posts by you and ten fellow bloggers that you find inspirational.

3. Forward the award to those ten fellow bloggers.


The What Dogs Do Inspiration Awards go to:

Never Say Never Greyhounds
Truly inspirational for me as a greyhound owner, Jennifer competes with her hounds in obedience and agility – not sports you associate with ex-racing dogs! She uses clicker training and shares her wisdom in informative and well-illustrated posts, as well as some amusing ones on greyhound life.

I love this blog for its absolutely amazing photos. Every time I visit it is a feast for the eye, especially for the greyhound lover’s eye, but there are plenty of other doggies there too.

Have to mention a fellow blogger from the UK – we’re not that many yet. Fun posts and beautiful pictures from the life of another happy retired racing greyhound.

Lots of pretty pictures of two very pretty whippets. Yes, I am biased towards sight-hounds – here are some of my greyhounds' smaller cousins!

Fantastic blog about the life of a rescued Australian Kelpie – Sage’s owner informs us these are the most energetic of the herding breed – and boy, is Sage up to some great adventures, chronicled here.

Not just dogs – here is a beautiful blog about adorable dogs Alanis and Miro, a load of chickens, and other occasional visiting animals on a farm.

Very informative blog on dog health. A real treasure trove of information about doggie healthcare, disease, veterinary practice and other canine issues.

A long-running blog featuring greyhounds (and a german sheperd)– one of the blogs that inspired me to set up my own. Lovely photos and great stories form the lives of Blueberry, Bunny, Lilac and Morgan.
I love big dogs, so I love to hear about what is going on in Mayli’s life. She is a beautiful labradane, and her blog chronicles her far more happy adventures with new humans, after being found abandoned in a McDonald’s parking lot!
A greyhound in NYC – having greys in a big city myself, it is always “greyt” to read what other big-city hounds get up to. It is a real inspiration to read that it IS possible to give a big dog a good home even in the big Apple!

Thanks again to Hawk and all you bloggers out there that have inspired What Dogs Do. 

9 comments:

Elaine Pritchard said...

Thank you so much for giving us such a lovely award.

What a wonderful surprise.

I'll pop it on my site now and link to you....but bear with me if it takes me a while to come up with my ten bloggers to pass it on too. But I will do it I promise.

Love and licks, Winnie

Sage said...

We are so excited about getting this award! Thank you so much!! I'll get to work on finding 10 bloggers!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Thanks for the award! :-)

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

The comment regarding the pictures was simply a statement. Your blog works so beautifully now, I wouldn't change anything if it changes your focus.

In some posts you've used great video illustration.

I have found, as time goes on, your blog and your focus evolve. At least mine has evolved and changed, even the purpose has expanded.

Congratulations again.

Hawk aka BrownDog

greygirl25 said...

Thank you for the award and kind words about my images. We are honored and will definitely pass this on.

DawgBlogger said...

Thank you so much, I'm glad you find my blog useful! (((hugs)))

Ken said...

Thanks! from Bailey and Deva.

Sherry said...

Thank you so much for including us! As far as I can figure out, I just copy and paste the badge? At least I know how to include links in a post.

Peggy Frezon said...

Congrats on your award, and mentioning all those great blogs too. It's nice to meet you and I'll be coming back to check out your blog again soon!